A friend of mine has asked for the pattern for the little drawstring purse that I use for my loose change so here it is.
4 ply weight yarn e.g. Paton’s Cotton 4ply
Finer mercerised cotton used double
Cross over 3 - Work 1 dtr into 3rd st then dtr into 1st and 2nd sts, working behind first dtr.
1. Start each round with 2ch for treble rounds, 3ch for the pattern round and 1ch for a dc round. This chain DOES NOT count as a stitch.
2. End each round by slip-stitching into the first stitch of the round, to join.
1. Make a ring with the yarn and into it work 12tr.
2. Work 2tr into each tr of prev. round. (24sts)
3. *2tr into first tr, 1tr into next tr. Rep from * to end. (36sts)
4. Repeat round 3 once more. (54sts)
5. Work 1tr into each stitch.
6. *2tr into first stitch, 1tr into each of next 2 sts. Rep from * to end. (72sts)
7. Work 1dc into each stitch.
8. Work 1 round of treble into every dc but working from the back of the work, under the top of the stitch so that the chain-like top stands out around the work. (See diagram) This forms a decorative edge to the base of the bag.
9. *1tr into each of first 10 sts, dec1. Rep from * to end. (66sts)
10. Cross over 3. Rep to end
11. TURN THE WORK and work 1dc into each stitch. (NOTE: It is important to turn the work for this round, or the patterns will not line up in subsequent rounds). TURN WORK AGAIN to work the cross over 3 round on the right side.
Repeat rounds 10 and 11 six times.
3ch for height, work *1dtr into first stitch, 1ch, miss one stitch. Rep from * to end.
Repeat rounds 11 and 10 twice then round 11 once more.
1ch for height, *work over next 5sts as follows: 1dc, 1htr, 1DTRG, 1htr, 1dc. Repeat from * to last st. Miss next st, ss to join.